Monday, January 14, 2013

Red Fox (EIT #2) & The Benson (EIT #2.5) ~ Karina Halle

Red Fox (Experiment in Terror, #2)Red Fox by Karina Halle
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

*sniff*

The end of this book actually made me teary. WTF? That was totally unexpected.

It's 2am and I'm exhausted from my marathon reading session tonight, so I will keep this short and sweet.

I feel like I know Perry and Dex so much better now. And I especially loved seeing the more vulnerable side of Dex this time around. Yes, there were times when I thought Perry made some dumb decisions and I wanted to shake some sense into her. But more often than not, I felt empathy for what she was going through. Not just with the crazy circumstances surrounding the mystery they were investigating in New Mexico, but for the emotional roller coaster she has been on since the minute she met Dex Foray. Lord knows that much like he's done with Perry, that man has cast some kind of spell over me as well. If only he weren't a fictional character. And if only i had a dollar for every time I've had that thought! :P

Anyway, it's late and I'm more than a little sleep deprived. So, I will end this short review by stating that I love the EIT series, and I loved the crazy journey that this book took me on.

"Dex," I whispered. "I hope you never stop feeling alive."
I could have sworn his heart skipped a few beats. He tensed. Then relaxed.
"As long as you're around," he said softly, "I'll be alive."





The Benson (Experiment in Terror, #2.5)The Benson by Karina Halle
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

Another fan-freaking-tastic Perry & Dex adventure!

This time out, the duo are investigating a haunted hotel, and even though this is only a short novella, Karina Halle manages to convey some truly creepy moments. It goes without saying, but I really would have loved to have seen a full blown book centered around The Benson, since I have a feeling Halle would have been able to come up with many more frightening scenarios for our favorite pair of ghost hunters at that hotel.

I feel like I am starting to sound like a broken record, but honestly...Karina Halle is just blowing my mind. She is such a talented storyteller, and I haven't been this excited about a series of books in a long time.


No comments:

Post a Comment