Wednesday, January 9, 2013

Come Away With Me ~ Kristen Proby

Come Away With Me (With Me in Seattle, #1)Come Away With Me by Kristen Proby
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

6 gushtastic stars

The perfect blend of sweet, angst-free romance and super hot sex.



I have had this book for quite a while, and to be honest...after reading some of the less than stellar reviews I kept pushing it down my TBR list.
If I have learned anything from this experience it's that I really need to ignore other people's reviews and go with my own gut instinct, because in the end...I absolutely adored this book.



Confession time: When i started reading this book, it took me a while to get past a couple of issues that i had. First of all, in the beginning it really felt like fanfiction to me. Not to say that the writing wasn't enjoyable to read...it was just that something felt a little off...which brings me to the other issue that i had. From the very first scene in which Natalie stumbles upon him, I had the impression that the author had based Luke's character on Rob Pattinson. And then...I read this.

Luke had stared in three vampire movies that not only did well, but became such a huge sensation that you couldn't go anywhere without seeing the stars or merchandise of all kinds.



But you know what? After that revelation, something amazing happened. I put the whole idea of fanfic and Edward Cullen out of my head...and lost myself in the story. Because what Kristen Proby did was bring to life an incredibly sweet, and blessedly angst-free love story that completely blew me away. And offered up more swoon-worthy moments than almost any other book I have ever read.





Luke is...hands down...the most romantic male character I have ever stumbled upon in fiction. Some of the things he does for Natalie almost made me cry because they were so overwhelmingly sweet. But not roll-your-eyes-to-the-back-of-your-head kind of sweet. No, Luke's sweetness was...just right in the scope of this incredibly romantic story, if that makes any sense?!

Something else that I absolutely loved about this book is that Natalie is not a stick-figure. She has curves, and Luke never stops letting Natalie know how much he appreciates those curves. It was refreshing to me to read about a man who appreciates a real woman's body. And while I will always love my bad boys, it was so nice to read about a guy who was head over heels in love with his girl and wanted the whole world to know it.

And did I mention the fact that i loved the lack of angst?! God, talk about a breath of fresh air! I for one have read way too many books where the H/h flip flop on their feelings and torture themselves (and the reader) with their (mostly self imposed) struggles to be together. Natalie and Luke embrace their feelings for each other and even though I realize the speed at which their relationship progresses may annoy some people, for me it felt natural.

"You are every fantasy I have ever had come true, Natalie...
I'm almost afraid to touch you," he whispers.
"Why?" I cock my head to the side, confused.
"I'm afraid you're not real."




In case you're beginning to think that there was no heat in this book...let me set your mind at ease. The sex scenes are hot! And yes, there are a lot of them. Luke and Natalie's chemistry is insane right from the beginning. If I was going to be nit-picky, I would admit that I got a little tired of reading the word 'impressive' when Natalie was thinking about a certain part of Luke's body, and the sheer number of times that Luke commented on how wet Natalie was. But again...that's being nit-picky. :P

Come Away With Me was a beautiful, swoon fest of a book. I was truly sad to see Luke & Natalie's story come to an end, because I loved being lost inside their world. <3



He leans down and gently presses his cheek to mine. "Thank you," he whispers.
"For what?" I whisper back.
"For being mine."

No comments:

Post a Comment