Friday, February 26, 2010

The Maestro's Butterfly by Rhonda Leigh Jones



1 out of 5 stars

*Worst Book List*

This book was ridiculously over the top, and just plain BAD. In fact, it has the distinction of being close to the top of my list of worst books I've ever had the misfortune of reading. What an honor.

The plot, or what the author tried to pass off as one...was laughable, and made little sense. I realize this was a short novel, but Jones didn't even attempt to show any kind of motivation as to why the characters did what they did. I think this was a prime example of someone writing a bunch of sex scenes, and throwing them together with a bit of idiotic filler to fill up the pages. And having been a long time fan of both erotica & romantica fiction, i can honestly say there was nothing at all sexy about this book.

The female lead proceeds to have every kind of sex with just about any male character in the vicinity, and considers herself 'in love' with what has to be hands down one of the most unappealing 'heroes' I've ever read about. The Maestro is supposed to be dark, dangerous and possess a forbidden type of sexiness. For me, he came off as being an uncomfortably written bully. Sexy? I don't think so.

The solitary bright side? . The story could have been longer.

No comments:

Post a Comment