Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Rellik ~ Teresa Mummert

RellikRellik by Teresa Mummert
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

2 disappointed stars

Damn. This book gave me a migraine.

This was one of my most anticipated books of 2014. The blurb....the cover....the title....everything screamed this was going to be an epic read. Maybe my expectations were too high.

I knew this wasn't going to be a typical love story. I wanted the dark and twisty, But for me, this story was just  mess.

Ella and Rellik...Gosh, where do i begin?

The mysterious meeting between these two was intriguing. I knew there was a LOT more going on under the surface, and there was...but it was the getting to the meat of the story where i grew frustrated. Ella came off as more than a little bipolar. One second she was all over Rellik, wanting some of that man-candy....only to turn around and be terrified of him the next. The back and forth was too much for me. And as for Rellik?


   photo 655458_zps728bb0a0.gif


I know. This is an unpopular opinion. I mean, Lord knows i love me a dark and messed up hero. But something about Rellik rubbed me me the wrong way from the beginning.

   photo angst_zps11bbac67.gif

   photo backawayslowly_zps9f904550.gif


This had the potential to be one of the best books of the year. But it ended up being one heck of a train wreck.


No comments:

Post a Comment