Thursday, November 13, 2014

Pull ~ Claire Wallis

Push (Push, #1)Push by Claire Wallis
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

3 Messed Up Ride Into Crazy Town - Stars



What. The. Hell.

That was pretty much what I kept saying to myself as I read this book. It was definitely unlike anything else I have ever read. So...there's that. But considering i have spent the majority of the last 24 hours reading this book and the sequel/companion/continuation-of-the-fuckery, Pull, I am not exactly sure if i truly enjoyed the story....or was just so wrapped up in how insane it was that I had to see how it all played out.

Annnnnyway,...

Book Blurb:
I feel like I am wrapped in a cyclone. Everything is whirling around me, drawing the air out of my lungs and filling me with the best kind of turmoil. Every time his tongue slides against mine, a prickle in my gut tells me how right we are together. How much I need David. How much I need us.

I hope the cyclone never stops.


Emma Searfoss has spent a lifetime trying to escape her abusive stepfather. It's why she moved far away from home. It's why she's kept no ties with her remaining family. And it's why she's got a major rage problem. When her neighbor shows up to fix the kitchen in her new apartment, his enigmatic charm calms the fire in her. David is cool and collected, and he makes Emma feel safe for the first time ever. But David has his own chilling past—his six previous girlfriends have all disappeared without a trace. Emma's walking a dangerous line, but David's pull is intoxicating. And impossible to resist…



This is one of those books it is best to go into completely blind. The description doesn't really give anything away, which is a good thing. Because trust me, if you fall into this story the way that i did, you will constantly be questioning what the hell is going on, as well as the sanity of the main characters.



The book gets off to a crazy start from page one. I seriously challenge anyone to read the duel POV prologues and not have to find out how this story ends. So, I was obviously hooked immediately. And in the beginning, i actually thought that Emma was more messed up than David. Her mood swings can give anyone whiplash. And then i got more into the story....and further into David's flashbacks....and i realized that these two were in a fucked up league of their own.




   photo fuckingcrazy_zps32445772.gif


There several times when i wanted to just give up on this book. It was making my head spin, and confused me and made me want to yell at my Kindle. But in the end...i just had to know. I had to know what the hell was going on. I had to know the motivations behind the things David did. And just when I thought I was going to get some answers, the book ends. On a GINORMOUS cliffhanger! Like, there could be no bigger cliffhanger than the way this book ends. And once again, i was angry and frustrated and wanted to throw kittens.

   photo holyeff_zpsceb13608.gif

   photo huh_zps3c32af37.gif


And then it hit me.
This author is a flipping genius. Because her little messed up story completely took over my life while i was reading it. And while it was driving me nuts and I wasn't overly fond of the main characters....i still cared enough to keep reading.

So well played Ms Wallis. Well played.

No comments:

Post a Comment