Tuesday, November 11, 2014

Deviant ~ Jaime Roberts

DeviantDeviant by Jaimie Roberts
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

DNF @ 43%

What. The. Ever. Living. Hell. Was. THAT?!?

WARNING: Bitchy, snarky rantfest ahead

What was with this woman and her fucking voodoo magic? Her pussy seemed to have me under some kind of hypnotic spell

Really, dude? Really?
i like a good dark and twisty story as much as the next smutty girl, but this was just ridiculous.


   photo dirtylook_zps87fff408.gif


I don't enjoy writing negative reviews. I really don't. However sometimes, it's just something that has to be done. And it's impossible to sugar coat things. This book was a mess. A super sloppy, overt the top mess. And not even in a remotely entertaining way.

The female lead boggles my mind. I understand the fact that she has this fantasy of being "taken" by a stranger, But the fact that she knows that someone has been stalking her....breaking into her house and changing little things just to get under her skin...and her attitude is basically "Oh well! It is what it is."...Well call me nutty, but that seems a wee bit crazy.

When the guy takes it to the next level and begins having uncomfortable-to-read wild monkey sex with her, all the while verbally abusing her....well, i knew me and this book were not going to get along very well. By the time he told her to start calling him "Lotus", I knew it was time for me to make a run for the border and delete this book from my Kindle as fast as possible before my IQ dropped any further.

   photo dontknow_zps93ac3619.gif
   photo forfuckssake_zpsac7a8a2a.gif


"There is one thing you need to know about me, Tyler. I fuck, and I'm going to fuck you until you see the stars falling out of the sky. Do you understand?"

   photo fuckingmoron_zps463d9bb6.gif
   photo gemma_zpsaaf683d0.gif
   photo gotohell_zpsc4d5c6cf.gif


There is a fine line between Alpha male, and creepy weirdo. "Mr Lotus" leaps over into the creepy whack-a-do category about 10 pages in and it only goes downhill from there. I honestly didn't think anything would top Sleeves as the worst book I read in 2014, but look out people! There's a new King in town.

*steps off my snarky, bitchy soap box*
   photo goodnight_zpsa2cf2844.gif



No comments:

Post a Comment