Saturday, November 15, 2014

Pull ~ Claire Wallis

Pull (Push, #2)Pull by Claire Wallis
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

2.5 - 3 WTF Stars

I have devoted most of the last 24 hrs of my life to reading these 2 messed up books (part one was Push ). So, how do I feel now that all is said and done?

Exhausted. And like my brain has melted and is starting to leak out of my ears.
I feel like I ran a marathon and then spent 3 days on a roller coaster.


   photo glasscaseofemotions.gif



   photo AbouttheBook_zps1efa4804.jpg


Book Blurb:
David Calgaro has secrets, and the only woman he's ever loved is about to pay the ultimate price to protect them. He's spent a lifetime searching for purpose and control. And the only place he's managed to find them is in a single, perfect moment; a moment in which he has absolute control over someone else's life.

David is unredeemable, unfixable, unsalvageable. But Emma Searfoss has forced a tiny sliver of hope to penetrate his soul. Hope that, even though redemption is impossible, maybe life isn't. Maybe he isn't who he thought he was. Maybe he's meant to be more.


The continuation of David's story is not nearly as bat-shit crazy this time around. Yes, he's fucked in the head. Yes, he has done some seriously messed up shit (putting it very mildly). But, i was somewhat used to the craziness of his character by the time i started this book. And i think because the 'novelty' had worn off a bit (not sure how else to describe it without giving major spoilers to both books), this book wasn't quite as addicting as the first.

There was so much going on here. And not all of it worked. I know that trying to make David more....sympathetic  was a tall order....and honestly, i can't say that it worked for me the entire time. This story is so dark and so crazy that it's hard to truly connect with these characters like I normally would while absorbed in a good book. Whether or not I liked who i was reading about....and a lot of the time i didn't....i still wanted to know more. I wanted to know the rest of the story. And that's the sign of a truly compelling story.  I give all the credit to the author. She brought a very dark, slightly depressing and TRULY twisted world to life that just captured my attention and would not let go. So bravo once again, Ms Wallis.

This story seriously messed with my head, folks.
   photo huh_zps37b69edd.gif


   photo idontgetit_zpsbb6c92bf.gif


   photo ineedhelp_zps2a21f70f.gif


i will admit to feeling a bit emotional at then end of this book. Looking back, I suppose there was no other way for this story to truly end. But, it was still sad to see it play out that way. Maybe in the end, some of the characters had seeped into my brain and made a little home there, and i was sad to see them go. That's all I'm gonna say on the subject. So there.

I finally understand the kind of love my mother told me about. The kind of love you would die for. It does exist. It's real. And I have it, at last. With her.

   photo hug_zps38ff80db.gif


These two books made my head spin, and confused and surprised me. It might have been a hard journey to make, but it was worth it in the end.



No comments:

Post a Comment