Friday, November 14, 2014

Quickie Reviews - Keeping it Short & ...not so Sweet

A few books that left me feeling more than a little disappointed.


Follow (Social Media, #1)Follow by J.A. Huss
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

2 'meh' stars.

Started out fun, but ended up being a bit too silly and all over the place for me. The characters came off as juvenile and I just didn't like either of them at all.

I have had many people recommend this author to me, so once again i seem to be in the minority.  I have been having an off year for reading, and maybe i picked this one up at the wrong time....but this just wasn't my cup of tea.




Rock Addiction (Rock Kiss, #1)Rock Addiction by Nalini Singh
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

Wow.

Granted its been a long time since i was able to get through a contemporary romance novel, but I am shocked by how much i just did not like this book.

I have always been a huge fan of NS's writing...but, this just came off as very cliche and OTT for my taste. I never thought i would ever give one of her books less than a great review, but this was a HUGE miss for me. I was bothered by the way the initial hook up played out, didn't like either of the leads at all and in my opinion the story never got off the ground.





The Redeemer (Harry Hole, #6)The Redeemer by Jo Nesbø
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

Well, this was a huge disappointment for me.

I am a HUGE fan of the Harry Hole novels, but this one just didn't work for me. I'm not sure if it was the fact that i devoured the first 5 books in the series so quickly (and in a row), or maybe the story just didn't click. This one took me a looooong time to finish, and i was all too happy to move past this one.



The Sordid Promise (A Sordid Love, #1)The Sordid Promise by Courtney Lane
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

DNF @36%

No. Just....no.

Look up 'Train Wreck", and there should be a picture of the cover of this book

Ridiculous and a waste of time.


The Cypress HouseThe Cypress House by Michael Koryta
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

1 - 2 confusing stars

The premise for this book sounded amazing: A retired military man can look at someone and know when they are about to die. Avoiding an upcoming disaster, he and a friend take sanctuary in a small town...only to discover they are in the direct path of a monster hurricane.

Sounds exciting, right? Well it would have been. If that was the actual main storyline. But all of that happens in the first 20% of the book. After that, the story turns into an awkward love story slash mystery slash i don't even know what else. It was messy and rambling and more than a little dull. I lasted until the 65% mark before giving up on this one.


   photo dislikeyou_zpscef491f8.gif



No comments:

Post a Comment