Saturday, September 21, 2013

Sleeves ~ Chanse Lowell

SleevesSleeves by Chanse Lowell
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

If ever there was a book that could be described as bi-polar, it would be this fucking train wreck.

I honestly don't even know where to start with this. Sleeves was hands down, far and flipping away the weirdest, most insane hot mess of a book I have ever come across



It would be pointless for me to try and explain the plot to you. Mainly because I *still* don't understand it myself. I will say that even though it was confusing, ridiculous and about as un-sexy as you can get with a 'romance'...it kept me reading. Mainly so I could see how the hell it all turned out in the end.

The main character...Mr Cage Man as i referred to him in my head while reading...is probably the most messed up, deeply disturbed leading man I have read about in quite a while. Including Nathan from the Breach series (btw, the author of Breach, K.I. Lynn, is one of the editors of this book. Make of that what you will.). I realize that Lowell 'explains' the reason behind his...eccentricities, but it doesn't change the fact that he is still one helluva twisted whackadoo.




And then we have Casey. The female lead....who accepts all of Cage Man's insanity with a smile on her face. Never questions that he might have a few screws loose. Never bats an eye. That right there makes her even more creepy than Baby Hulk (another one of my nicknames for Cage Man).



Again, I usually avoid writing negative reviews. And I realize some people have read and enjoyed this book, and more power to them. This was just...not for me.






View all my reviews

No comments:

Post a Comment