Tuesday, December 4, 2012

Under The Mistletoe ~ Jill Shalvis

Under the Mistletoe (Lucky Harbor, #6.5)Under the Mistletoe by Jill Shalvis
My rating: 2 of 5 stars

First off, this is a novella...a really short novella, which is disappointing since the story felt totally rushed, and just when I felt like I was starting to like the hero, the story ended (color me shocked when this already short novella ended abruptly at 55% - the remaining 45% consisted of previews for other books in the series. I really hate when publishers do that. Grrr).

My second problem was that I was extremely disappointed to realize that Mia's HEA didn't involve her Lucky Harbor boyfriend, Carlos. I thought the two of them made such a sweet couple, and when i saw this was about Mia, I just assumed that this was their story. But no...she has moved away and fallen for another man, and Carlos has another girlfriend. *sniffle* So...I guess because of that, and due once again to the shortness of the story, I wasn't really happy with who she ended up with. Nick may have grown on me over the course of a full length novel, but he didn't make that great of an impression on me in this super quick holiday story.

On the bright side, it was great to see Jax & Maddie. Chloe & Sawyer and Tara & Ford (Mia's parents) once again. I do love the residents of Lucky Harbor and while I have enjoyed the last couple of books in the series quite a bit, it was wonderful to see the original 3 couples once again.

So, this may have fallen a bit flat for me, but I am still a huge fan of the series and beyond excited that there are more adventures in Lucky Harbor on the horizon.


  1. That's always a bummer when a book leaves you wanting. Sounds like a cute series though! Thanks for your honest reviews! I hope you are having a wonderful Tuesday! :)

    Leigh Ann
    MaMa's Book Corner

  2. I really like your blog and I started following.

    If your interested you can check mine out at http://thebookknoll.blogspot.com/