Wednesday, December 26, 2012

Law Man ~ Kristen Ashley

Law Man (Dream Man, #3)Law Man by Kristen Ashley
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

3.5 Stars.

Considering it's Christmas time, and this wasn't my favorite KA book, I will keep this review short and sweet.

I can pretty much sum up what i loved about this book in one word:
Mitch.

I loved him to pieces and was super excited to read his book.

Unfortunately, with as much as I loved Mitch, I really didn't like Mara. At all. I realize she had a lot of issues she was dealing with, but her wishy-washy personality and constant "uh...","um..."'s drove...me...crazy. Her nearly paralyzing emotional problems -which Mitch kindly calls 'shyness' - was OTT, and yes she had a wacky family, but with the exception of Billy & Billie (loved them, despite the names), they didn't feel like the kind of real, three-dimensional characters that are one of KA's trademarks. Also the repeated references to her ridiculous 'rating' system was the thing that forced me to do something I have never done before while reading a KA book; roll my eyes.

So, this one was slightly disappointing for me...at least in the realm of the usual KA-awesomeness.

IMO, Mitch deserved a much better leading lady.

No comments:

Post a Comment