Sunday, September 11, 2011

The Lady Most Likely ~ Eloisa James, Connie Brockway, Julia Quinn










1 star

I tried....oh how I tried, to get into this book. I am usually not fond of anthologies to begin with, but I figured since I like all three authors, and i found the idea of a 'Novel written in three parts' intriguing, I thought I would give it a shot.

Unfortunately, this book is a huge mess. There are far too many characters to even attempt to keep track of, and it's also a choir trying to determine who's character is in the forefront of the a particular chapter, and who is just passing through.

The entire thing seemed ridiculously over-done; characters that are nothing more than historical romance cliche's (the ethereally beautiful girl who all the men are in love with, the boorish aristocratic, the rogue who loses his heart to an unexpected lady etc etc) witha kind of slapstick humor that i just don't enjoy. So, i found myself giving up on this a little over half way through.

No comments:

Post a Comment