Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Tangled ~ Emma Chase

Tangled (Tangled, #1)Tangled by Emma Chase
My rating: 5 of 5 stars

6 squee-inducing stars!!

Honestly, if I attempt to write a lengthy review right now, i will flail all over myself in fangirl glee and probably make absolutely NO sense. So, i will keep this short and sweet.

I ABSOFREAKINGLUTELY LOVED THIS BOOK. Every word. Every page. Every egotistical boast that came out of Drew's impossibly pompous-sounding ass. Every last bit of it.

I have always loved reading a romance from the male POV, but I have to say when I started this book and started to see what an arrogant asshat Drew starts out as, I had my doubts that I would ever be able to fully warm up to his character.



Silly, silly girl.

Emma Chase somehow managed to take a character that is so inherently unlikable in the beginning, and transform him into someone you not only end up rooting for, but someone that you completely and unabashedly fall head over heels in love with.




I loved the way the author chose to tell the story in such a conversational way. Like Drew is sitting with a friend and explaining how he went from being a shameless manwhore, to being happily wrapped around the finger of his dream-woman. It felt so natural, and flowed so well that it made it next to impossible to stop reading this book once I started it. And not to mention that it seemed like every other thing Drew said had me laughing like a crazy person off their meds. I mean, my poor Kindle needs a rest after all the highlighting I did. I could have seriously highlighted 90% of the book. It was that damn good.



How many wives have told their husbands, "I'm fine," when they really mean, "I want to cut your balls off with a butcher knife?"

For God's sake, don't let her watch Cinderella. What kind of example is that? A mindless twit who can't even remember where she left her damn shoe, so she has to wait for some douchebag in tights to bring it to her? Give me a frigging break!

Old women have a thing for me. And I don't mean a pinch-my-cheek, pat-my-head kind of thing. I mean a grab-my-ass, rub-my-junk, why-don't-you-push-my-wheelchair-into-the-broom-closet-so-we-can-get-nasty kind of thing.
It's f*cking disturbing.

'He moved his trunk-like manhood toward the weeping petals of her womanly center.'
Who the f*ck talks like that?!


You get the idea.... ;)

This book was SUCH a wonderful breath of fresh air and I can't express how much I enjoyed getting a peek inside Drew's twisted, perverted, & immensely entertaining mind!



No comments:

Post a Comment