Tuesday, May 29, 2012

Simply Sexual ~ Kate Pearce


Simply Sexual (House of Pleasure #1)Simply Sexual by Kate Pearce
My rating: 3 of 5 stars

This was....different.

Lord Valentin Sokorvsky is a wealthy bachelor preparing to marry the timid daughter of the man who rescued him from a 7 year existence as a sex slave in a Turkish brothel. That is until he meets the sister of the girl he is due to marry, and decides he has to have her instead.

First off, this book has a lot of sex. A. Lot. Not that I am complaining, since I do love my kinky erotica after all. And I mean, what can you expect reading a book called Simply Sexual. But, towards the end of this story I was a little bit worn out by it all. Not just the sex scenes (which Pearce does for the most part handle well), but by all the rampaging angst among the three main characters. Because yes, there is another player in this kink-fest. His name is Peter and he was also being held at the brothel and has been in love with Valentin for years.

I have no problem with M/F/M stories. Far from it. It just seemed as though this one was a bit forced. Valentin spends much of the story trying to convince Sara that Peter's love is unrequited, and Sara spends a lot of time trying not to be jealous. Which is part of the reason that the resolution...if that's what you can call it...came off as well...odd. I seem to be in the minority feeling this way, though.

So, this was enjoyable as far as a quick, sex-filled romp goes. But, not so much when you try and make sense of certain aspects of the plot.

No comments:

Post a Comment