Monday, January 16, 2012

A Will To Murder ~ Hilary Thomson

My rating: 5 of 5 stars

In A Nutshell:
When wealthy but slightly nutty patriarch James Boyle dies suddenly, his relatives congregate at the family home for the reading of the will. As more questions arise about the true cause of Boyle's death, and more and more relatives begin dropping like flies, utter chaos ensues.

Thoughts:
I can't remember the last time I had so much fun reading a book. The over the top wacky story line reminded me of one of my all time favorite movies; Arsenic & Old Lace. The pure chaotic insanity of the characters and some of the situations that unfold in A Will To Murder garnered me so many genuine laugh out loud moments that i have lost track of them all.


Yes there were a LOT of characters to try and keep track of (a little bit difficult to do for the first third of the book), but it was worth it in the end because the author had planted such a huge goofy grin on my face that none of that seemed to matter.


Hands down my favorite character was Arthur. His sections of the book were among the most entertaining. I vote for another book featuring Arthur and his adventures with Flopsy & Mopsy.


Bottom Line:
A wild and wacky mystery that's bound to be one of my favorite reads of the year.

1 comment:

  1. Well, you've given me the push to try to finish it. Maybe I need to change the way I'm looking at it, see it more as comedy.

    ReplyDelete