Friday, January 13, 2012

Taken ~Zia Marie

My rating: 5 of 5 stars



*Synopsis*

While taking his little sister Aubrey to a fair in a nearby town, 17 yr old Jackson finds himself lost. He stumbles into a town that at first seems deserted, and then suddenly bristling with life. And the people of the strange town soon make it clear that leaving is not an option.


*Thoughts*

After winning a copy of this book through LibraryThing.com, I had initially sat down to read the first chapter or two just to get a feel for the story. The next thing I knew, it was 2 hours later, and I hadn't moved or looked away from the book once in that time.


This book completely blew me away. The story line was fast paced, the characters were well developed and relateable. The entire book felt like a really awesome episode of The Twilight Zone...which in my world is a *very* good thing.


*Bottom Line*

Hands down the best dystopian novel I have ever read. I can't wait to get my hands on the 2nd book in the series, Lost.




No comments:

Post a Comment