Sunday, November 9, 2014

Changing Course ~ Aly Martinez

Changing Course (Wrecked and Ruined, #1)Changing Course by Aly Martinez
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

Wild and crazy ride!

3.5 Crazy Train stars!

I just finished this book a little while ago, and my head is spinning. So much angst and turmoil. I don't even know where to begin.


   photo 690x170x14pngpagespeedicpmXql1IEx0_zpse9fd768a.png


First of all let me just say that I adore Aly Martinez's writing. She has this way of creating characters that seem to just jump off the page and live and breathe in the real world. I am seriously in awe of her talent.

This book is really hard for me to wrap my head around. On the one hand I loved the intensity of the story. I loved how dark the subject matter was. But, on the other hand....i had some problems with the main characters and how they reacted to certain situations.

Sarah: I'm just going to say it flat out. I had very little sympathy for her. Yes, she went through a traumatic event, and lost her best friend. I get that. But some of her actions were just unforgivable in my eyes. And while I am probably....once again....in the minority on this, i honestly am a bit nervous to read Broken Course because of my dislike for her character. All i can say is, she better be good to my Leo....or else.
   photo cutyou_zps5456383d.gif



Jesse: A rare find indeed...a female lead character that I didn't continually want to bitch slap! Yay!  I loved how much of a little spitfire she was. I even liked how she didn't cuss. However, the speed with which she forgave Brett for his Caveman behavior was a tad annoying. Okay....more than a tad.  I did enjoy her relationship with Caleb though. <3 br="">   photo doyourthinggirl_zpsb144df44.gif


Brett: I am all for a possessive Alpha male. But, Brett stepped over the line into asshat Caveman territory  more than once for me. Plus, his whole attitude regarding Sarah bugged the hell out of me. Yes, i know he loved her. I know he felt guilty leaving her after everything she had been through...but once things progressed with Jesse, and after all the shitty things Sarah did to her....he had no business playing both sides of the fence. At all.
   photo dick_zps8d22741c.gif
   photo dontlikeyou_zps6ee13ab4.gif



The entire Sarah/Brett situation was probably my biggest problem with the storyline. It seemed to drag out a bit too long, and the overwhelming angst involved was too much for my delicate constitution. LOL  BUT....it definitely kept me flipping the pages as fast as my little fingers could....so that says a lot about how interesting and addictive the storyline was. I FELT while reading this book. It wasn't always positive feels...but still.

Aly Martinez has a huge fan in me. And while this wasn't as much of a perfect read for me like her Among the Echoes was, it was still a wild ride that I'm glad i got to experience.


No comments:

Post a Comment