Monday, July 29, 2013

Gemini ~ Penelope Ward

GeminiGemini by Penelope Ward
My rating: 1 of 5 stars

DNF at 30%

I tried. I really, really did. Honestly, i can't remember the last time I gave up on a book this early on, but I just couldn't take it any more.



I don't feel like sitting here and writing out all of the problems I had with this book, but I feel the need to mention a couple of things. First of all, the H & h were in their 30's. But they came off sounding so incredibly juvenile. Their inner monologues sounded like the thoughts of love-sick teenagers, which made it really awkward for me - especially with Cedric, who sounded more like a 13 yr old girl with a crush, than a 34 year old successful businessman.



This story also featured one of the fastest cases of insta-love that I have come across in a very long time. After one brief encounter, both Cedric and Allison are (internally at least) declaring how connected they feel and how they want no one else but each other.




There was much talk about a huge twist that happens at some point in the book, and that was the reason I attempted to keep going even though this book was on my bad side almost from the beginning. But frankly, I don't really care what the twist was, and I doubt it would have been able to save this reading experience for me.


No comments:

Post a Comment