Friday, February 22, 2013

Flat-Out Love ~ Jessica Park

Flat-Out LoveFlat-Out Love by Jessica Park
My rating: 4 of 5 stars

In order for me to avoid going off on a rant that I feel would seem pointless to most people who see that i gave this book 4 stars, I will keep this review short and sweet.
This book is hard for me to review, to be honest. I have many conflicting emotions regarding the story line, the characters and how the plot ended up playing out. But, I will say that Jessica Park has written a unique, heartfelt story that definitely touched my heart and left a lasting impression on me.
This book was funny, sweet, heart-breaking and frustrating as hell. There were many times where I wanted to throttle the lead character of Julie...for many reasons, but mostly for being so blind through-out most of the book. I realize she more than likely just refused to see what was right in front of her from the beginning, but I still can't believe it took her so long to accept what was really going on inside that family.

I loved Matt, and I hated the way Julie treated him for 75% of the book. I also absolutely adored Celeste. Such a sweet, fragile little girl that I wanted to protect as much as Matt did.

Flat-Out Love wasn't what I expected it to be at all, but despite the fact that I spent a good deal of my reading time wanting to kick Julie's ass, I really enjoyed this book over-all. A sweet story about a quirky family that truly deserved a happy ending.

2 comments:

  1. And here I was getting super curious with this book because several of the authors I interviewed truly loved this book. Thanks for giving me some perspective.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love reading posts with such a fresh point of view on this interesting topic.

    ReplyDelete